Thursday, June 21, 2007

Podcast #95 - Is Classroom 2.0 Possible Without a 1 to 1 Ratio?

Hello. I have been listening to Ben Wilkoff's podcast Discourse about Discourse recently. He is doing some amazing things with his 7th/8th grade language art class in Colorado. On his podcast from June 19, 2007 "The 1.0 to 2.0 Transformation" he asks an open ended question about the difference between Classroom 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 etc. I've been thinking a lot about Classroom 2.0 lately and this podcast tries to answer Ben's question and then also asks a few more.



Some of the questions in today's podcast:

- What is the difference between Classroom 1.0 and Classroom 2.0?

- Is there such a thing as Classroom 1.5? If so, what does it look like?

- What is the definition of a true 2.0 Classroom?

- Is Classroom 2.0 possible without a 1 to 1 ratio for students to laptops?

- Is there a tipping point at which Classroom 2.0 will become a norm in the United States and what is that tipping point?

- How does NCLB fit into Classroom 2.0?



Please add your comments to this blog post. I don't know the answer to these questions but would really like to hear what others in the edu blog community think about these topics. If you would like to contact me via e-mail instead you can do so at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

You can subscribe directly to Speaking of History via i-Tunes here

Direct link to Podcast #95 - Is Classroom 2.0 Possible Without a 1 to 1 Ratio? - MP3 Format - 14:48 Minutes

Podcast #95 Show Notes:

- Ben Wilkoff's "Discourse About Discourse" Podcast

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for directly responding to my podcast, and you should know that I will be coming back at you with a podcast response soon. Whether or not it is possible, Classroom 2.0 should be attempted in classrooms without 1:1. I really like your explination of how things are and how they should be. I'm so glad that you made contact. I really have been enjoying your podcast a lot. Anyway, I will be recording something soon, so I hope you stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete